Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

We're Moving!

So in case you missed the not so vague post earlier, or was scoffing your face with Turkey, I made a post announcing something big. Mad Overdose is moving from a free Blogger based co.nr host account to a dedicated server hosted by Wordpress!



This means a proper domain, www.madoverdose.com and 10GB worth of storage space to upload whatever we want onto. The Wordpress format allows us to produce more quality looking articles, integrate Web 2.0 features including direct sharing and compatibility with social networking sites such as FaceBook and YouTube. On top of that we have complete control to add whatever functions we want. It simply allows more freedom.

Now with all that being said, one thing I said I like to make sure of is that the user interface is easy to navigate and read. No one likes ads and banners in every corner of the screen to the point where a miscalculated mouse click will send you off to some different website. I've integrated as much as I can from Blogger to keep the interface more or less the same, allowing you to feel familiarized and comfortable navigating the site.

Mad Overdose has come a long way in a short space of time and we expect to continue the trend of providing a casual approach to gaming. Still expect to see reviews, rants and other articles as we approach the new year. We will also be recording the next podcast on December 3rd too, so look out for that.

So I guess this will be the last blog I will be posting, on Blogger at least. I hope that you all follow us to our new domain and enjoy new content that we post.

My personal thanks to all the supporters and contributers, I'll see you on the other side!


0 comments:

Post a Comment